Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FLIPSIDE : Thinking Out Loud

Today was a quiet day. Not much going on. So, with the tranquil atmosphere I began to reflect on life. The is a certain ambiguity to life. It would seem that the uncertainty in life would motivate us to strive harder in everything we do, however there is a tendency for us to hold back and become lazy. We lose the tenacity to forge our own avenue into the asphalt that has held us hostage our entire lives. With that in mind, I work hard. When I become tired, I work harder. This is because I know when I'm sleeping, there is a writer writing. I will continue to work harder to hone my craft. For those who have passed on before me and I owe my existence to, I will not quit. Love you granny! Enjoy our conversation and I'll catch ya' on the FLIPSIDE.
In My Granny's Words
All my children, oh I have loved you all so dearly and unconditionally,
Even though I am gone, I want you to always smile when you mention me.
I look down from Heaven and have been blessed with a brand new start,
And though I am not physically with you, trust that I still love you with all my heart.
My sister, oh I know times have been rough for you, but your head must rise,
You must be strong, laugh about the good times and wipe the tears from your eyes.
Don’t weep for me, for I am hand in hand with our creator and free from pain,
Good times and joyous memories is what you should have when you hear my name.
Oh Lord, it’s my time and I accept you as my savior,
To my family I won’t say goodbye, but rather I will see you later.
Love you all.

No comments: